Troubled by Constipation?
Here 6 Tips to prevent and ease constipation Naturally.
Taking over-the-counter laxatives for the condition often results in the person becoming dependent on these substances.
In fact, Magnesium Hydroxide is the most common active ingredient in laxatives. However, this particular chemical doesn’t remove the buildup on the walls of the colon. It only liquefies the contents of your bowel to produce watery stools. The long-term usage of laxatives has been shown to weaken the intestinal muscles that serve as the digestive system’s engine. This approach is counter-productive and worsens the condition that it is meant to treat.
So, the best way to deal with constipation is through natural methods using easily available ingredients as prescribed by Ayurveda:
- Wheat is better than rice in case of constipation. (In case you are allergic to gluten or prefer a gluten-free diet, try and include more fibre in other forms n your diet)
- Eat plenty of fruits and leafy vegetables
- Use whole flour and not refined flour.
- Papaya & sugar cane are very fast relieving remedies.
- Ginger tea helps in stimulating bowel movement.
- Guava when eaten with seeds provides roughage to diet can give relief from constipation.