There’s No Spring Cleaning in an Ayurvedic Lifestyle!
AYURVEDA views clutter as trapped energy. Energy that has a far-reaching effect physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.It makes one feel unorganized, and confused, held down by the pastand lethargic.All of this can easily translate into excess weight on the body. Ridding yourself of clutter, even things that were once of value to your life, makes room for what you really want and need right now.
Clearing out clutter opens the way to paths that you might never have thought possible. The simple act of clearing clutter can transform your life by releasing negative emotions, generating energy and allowing you to create space in your life for the new things you want to achieve.Erasing clutter needs to be done with brutal honestly. It’s easy to fall into the trap of “oh I don’t need it right now, but I might need it later”. Don’t!
5 Tips on Getting-Rid-Of-Clutter:
- Start with the 3 Questions: Does it lift your energy? Do you use it? Do you love it? If you answer no to any of these questions, it’s time to let it go.
- Ready, Set, Shift that energy! Set your kitchen timer for 30 minutes and clear a small area such as a kitchen drawer. You will probably find you are feeling more energized and might have trouble stopping!
- A Place for Everything – Put it back! How many times have you tossed a magazine on the table, intending to get back to it? Is it still on the coffee table? There’s no point in setting up an organization system if you don’t use it!
- Less is more – The great majority of what is stored or saved is never used again – that applies to papers, clothes, magazines etc. Go paperless as much as you can – just be sure to keep your computer files organized so that it’s clutter-free!
- Finish what you’ve started – Make a list of what needs to be done. This could include letters or phone calls you need to make, someone you need to apologize to, or an appliance that doesn’t work. Then set out to complete them.
Clear your home, clear your mind and in time you will find, there’s really no need to spring-clean! Or take just 4 weeks and start living a happy, healthier and more vibrant life.