The prostate is part of the male reproductive system. Most men are unaware of their prostate until middle age, when prostate health becomes an issue. But even though the prostate seems to be an older man’s health problem, the imbalances start much earlier in life. However, simple lifestyle changes can restore balance and most of these issues can be avoided.
Here are some Tips:
- Drinks plenty of water throughout the day to prevent the urine from becoming too concentrated. If you have a prostate problem, avoid fluids after 7 pm as a full bladder can disturb your sleep.
- Always empty the bladder completely.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine. Both alcohol and caffeine irritate the bladder.
- It you must sit all day at work, take short stretch and walking breaks.
- In cold weather, keep the body warm. When body temperature drops, urine is retained, which aggravates the prostate.
- Maintain regularity with fiber and cooked vegetables.
- Abhyanga, or daily self-massage is helpful.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid extremes in food – anything too cold, too hot, too spicy, too dry, or too oily.
- Eat sweet, juicy fruits.