Just Let Yourself Breathe…
It is just so easy for us to get caught up in the hurly burly of daily life that we can effortlessly forget what is important. In fact it’s essential for us to carve out time throughout the day to remember what makes this life worthwhile. This will not only help us stay focused on what we really want from our lives, it will also make us realize how much clutter and junk (mentally speaking) we collect everyday! We all get caught up in the trivia of life and we often let time get eaten up with things that don’t really matter to us. No matter how much time we have, we can use it mindfully. This is our choice to make!
I’m listing three things you can always do, depending on how much time you have, to help you realise how important life, your family and friends and you yourself are. Time alone is the best gift you can give yourself!
- Bliss out! Close your eyes, rest your head, put your feet up and breathe!
- “Dance like no one’s watching!” Crank up your favorite CD and go nuts. Let the energy flow from your fingers to your toes!
- Give yourself a massage! Use a rich cream to moisturize your hands and massage them thoroughly. Apply extra to elbows, knees and those tired tootsies.
- Spend time in nature. Do we ever get outdoors enough anymore? Go for your own nature walk. Notice the flowers, the leaves, the birds – ah, such a beautiful planet we live on!
- Write a letter. Such a loving but lost gesture! Take the time to write a real, old-fashioned pen and paper kind of letter! Send it to your favorite aunt or grandmother – they’ll love it!
- Give yourself a mani-pedi. A little primping will make you feel all new.
HALF A DAY
- Take yourself on a date! See that movie that you’ve been dying to see and couldn’t drag your friends to. Bring a picnic to the park and play on the swings. Do what YOU want to do, but never give yourself permission to.
- Read a book. Really. Just for the FUN of it. Nothing that is assigned, nothing you have to analyze or write a paper about. Whether it’s Jane Austen or Jackie Collins, just enjoy reading for reading’s sake.
- Luxuriate! Take a bubble bath, light candles, take time doing your hair. Pamper yourself.
- Take a field trip. How many sites are there right in your city that you’ve never seen? Go out and explore. Visit a museum, try a new restaurant, get out a map and just go!
- Redecorate! Make over your room entirely. A fresh coat of paint in a brilliant new color will certainly pep up your space. Shop for some inexpensive fabric and whip up some simple throw pillow using no-sew fabric glue. Kick out the clutter and make a display of your collectibles. Have fun re-purposing items you don’t use.
- Move furniture around and give yourself a whole new perspective.
Start making a list of all the things you want to do, and then start doing them every time you get a little bit of alone time.