Digestion is very important to our Health and AYURVEDA has many suggestions for how to improve our digestion. Many times people who have an overabundance of Pitta become imbalanced and it shows up as acid indigestion. Pitta types are prone to hyperacidity, and peptic ulcers. Stress, impatience, anger & heat can also aggravate Pitta.
What to do if you are experiencing indigestion?
A few simple changes in Lifestyle and Diet can help bring Pitta into balance for smoother, more effective digestion and greater calm & contentment.
– Avoid Pitta-aggravating foods like citrus fruits and juices, vinegar, tomatoes, spicy foods, fried foods, salty foods, onions & garlic.
– Avoid alcohol.
– Do not skip meals. An empty stomach makes more stomach acid.
– Eat your meals at regular intervals not leaving too much gap between each meal
– Eat breakfast, even if you are not hungry in the morning. Eat something even if it is just a little bit. If you skip breakfast you can be too hungry at lunchtime, and overeat.
– Meditate to relieve stress.
– Enjoy the beauty of nature.
– Favor cool foods and drinks. Coconut juice is especially good for pacifying the pitta dosha.
– Pomegranate juice also helps balance the acid in the stomach. It tastes sour, but it is actually both astringent and bitter, which help balance Pitta.
– Baked fennel seeds are also recommended to help settle the stomach and balance digestion
P.S. to your holistic Happiness & Wellbeing