Food for KAPHA
Food is Kapha’s biggest weakness. Kaphas love food and love to eat. They have a strong, constant appetite and especially love sweet foods, though those are the worst for them. One of the big reasons that sweets are so bad for Kaphas is that those tend to be the higher calorie foods, and Kapha is prone to weight gain. The Kapha digestion is slow and heavy.
Basic rules for the Kapha Diet:
- Choose foods that are bitter, spicy and tangy.
- Eat warm foods rather than cold foods.
- Avoid sugar. Use honey as a sweetener instead.
- Avoid dairy foods.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Eat smaller portions of food.
- Do not eat in between meals.
- Do not eat because of your emotional state, whether to celebrate or to soothe.
- Walk after a meal, do not rest or sleep.
- Drink fewer liquids during the meal, especially avoiding cold drinks.