Exercises for Kapha Body Type
Kapha personalities are marked by inertia, endurance and stored energy reserves. They need stimulus to get moving. They are more comfortable playing team sports where they do not have to move a lot. But they can be cajoled to take up more strenuous exercises and once they warm up to it, they start enjoying the activity as their endurance level is high.
They are benefitted immensely by any aerobic work. Because they can have weight maintenance issues, it is a good idea for Kaphas to engage in high intensity exercises or sports.
Exercises recommended for Kapha personalities in Prakrit state:
- Power yoga
- Basket ball ( defence positions initially)
- Football (defence positions initially)
- Hockey ( Back or full back positions initially)
- Weight training
- Power lifting
- Kick boxing
- Racquet sports( doubles initially till muscles get conditioned for a single’s game)
Exercises/activities to calm Kapha in aggravated state:
- Any aerobic workout
- Weight training (quick repetitions)
- Fast cycling
- Mini marathons (slowly built up on time) – As the duration of exercise increases, aggravated Kapha starts normalizing quickly.
Exercises /activities that Kapha personalities should avoid:
- Water sports for long durations which involve getting wet.
- Exposure to cold during any sport or exercise.
- Over hydration during exercise