Ear, Nose and Throat
AYURVEDA has a few recommendations for how to keep ourselves healthy when it comes to the Ear, Nose & Throat.
– To clear mucus from the throat, mix a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of salt in a cup of warm water & gargle.
– To soothe a sore throat, chew licorice root, or lick a spoon of honey.
– For a dry throat, especially good when you have a lot of speaking to do, suck on some cardamom seeds.
– For the ears, apply a small amount of sesame oil around the opening of the ear canal with your little finger. This helps to keep Vata in balance and reduces tension in the jaw.
– Massaging the ears with warm sesame oil benefits the whole body.
– With the nose, it is also beneficial to apply a little warm sesame oil around the inside of each nostril every morning. This helps us to have a keen sense of smell and calms the mind by keeping Vata in balance.
– When the sinuses are congested or dry, we can do “nasya” or rinse the nostrils with warm salt water.
P.S. to your holistic Health & Happiness