Burning during urination is a more common disease in females most likely because of infection of the urinary tract by pathogens. There are cases when several courses of anti bacterial medicines fail to alleviate the problem completely. In all such cases, Ayurvedic Remedies can be tried with gratifying results.
Burning micturition is explained as a urinary tract diseases with the main sympton the difficulty in passing urine in general. This is caused by an excess of Pitta Dosha. In this particular type, the person passes urine with burning sensation and pain with great difficulty. There is burning in the area of the urinary bladder also. The quantity of urine passed is scanty and the urine is unusually warmer than normal.
The causes as explained in Ayurvedic Texts are:
- intake of hot and pungent food,
- too much exercise,
- transmission of infection through intercourse with an infected partner,
- any condition leading to less intake of water,
- too much alcohol
- Indigestion (leading to aggravation of Pitta dosha)
Ayurvedic Remedies for burning micturition:
– Keeping a wet cloth on the bladder area to alleviate burning sensation & easy passage of urine.
– Take coriander seeds & grind finely. Add equal quantity of sugar powder to it. Take in the dose of 1 teaspoon daily on an empty stomach in morning and at about 4pm in the evening, with plain water. Do not eat anything for 2 hours after taking this remedy. Continue for 2-3 weeks.
– Lemonade made from 1 lemon and 2 tea spoon of sugar in a glass of water reduces burning of urine.
– If there is severe burning in urethra, then chewing upon 5-6 basil leaves before breakfast & dinner helps in reducing the burning sensation in about 3-4 days.
– Fresh sugar cane juice, or warm milk with sugar taken twice a day reduces the burning sensation.
– Yellow and green lentil
– Butter milk
– Clarified butter ( ghee)
– White pumpkin
– Indian gooseberry
– Adequate intake of fluids.
– Dry foods and sour foods
– Too much of salt
– Mustard greens
– Too much alcohol
– Avoid Riding a horse or biking on a rough terrain
– Do not suppress the urge to urinate
P.S. to your continued Health & Happiness