- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup zucchini- grated and squeezed
- ½ cup fennel, grated
- ½ cup sweet potato, grated
- 1 dash salt or other spices
- 1-2 tsp butter, olive oil, or ghee
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup quinoa
- Saute the kale in ghee.
- Add sunflower seeds to the top.
- Rinse quinoa until the water runs clear.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil.
- Add quinoa.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir all the grated vegetables together in a bowl.
- Beat an egg gently and add it to the vegetables along with the cottage cheese. You can use only the egg white if you prefer.
- Add a tablespoon of flour (two tablespoons if you only used the egg white).
- Heat a skillet to sizzling and add butter, ghee or olive oil.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake and place them on the skillet in the shape of a small pancake.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the underside is well-cooked and brown, turn them, and let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve with sauteed kale and quinoa.
Comments: It is sometimes difficult to find suitable vegetable which pacifies Pitta without aggravating Vata. Kale and zucchini fall into that category. Kale is highly prized for incorporating the essential bitter taste in the diet which is hard to get except through coffee and tea (maybe that is why we crave them apart from the caffeine content). This tasty dish can be taken as a complete meal and incorporates all the macro-nutrients as well as many micro-nutrients.