Beautiful hair is considered a gift but with a proper hair care regimen, everyone can enjoy this gift. For thick, strong and lustrous hair, a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet is essential. In addition, use the following hair care tips and home remedies to ensure healthy hair and prevent hair loss.
Hair Care Tips To Prevent Hair Loss
Avoid the use of chemical based conditioners and shampoos. They deplete the natural oils from the scalp. Wash hair two or three times a week and use an herbal shampoo.
Hair has only life in the roots which means that hair coloring, straightening and curling can be done with proper care. Excessive use of these however leads to dry and frizzy hair. Give your hair a break once in awhile and go natural.
Don’t comb wet hair as it leads to breakage as hair is weak when wet. It’s better to let hair dry on its own. But if you have to use a dryer you can. Just maintain a proper distance and use caution.
A wide toothed, wooden comb reduces hair fall to a great extent.
Ayurveda recommends oil massage before showering. This benefits the scalp, the nervous system, hair color and softness.
Proper water intake, a balanced diet and sound sleep are also essential factors for full, healthy hair.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies To Prevent Hair Loss
- Massage hair with a mixture of coconut oil (four tablespoons), sesame oil (two tablespoons) and castor oil (½ tablespoon).
- Use virgin coconut oil on your hair. It gives nourishment to the roots making hair look healthy and shiny. Apply at night or if you wish, during the day as a styling agent.
- Massage hair with almond oil or vitamin E oil diluted in coconut oil. This is also helpful for hair loss.
- Apply freshly ground hibiscus flower paste. This acts as natural conditioner making hair soft and shiny.
- Apply the fresh pulp of aloe vera. It reduces hair fall and dandruff.
- Coconut milk boiled with a paste made of one handful of curry leaves helps in reducing premature greying of hair.
- Wash hair with diluted lemon juice (juice of one lemon for three to five liters of water) to enhance shine and prevent and cure dandruff.
Hair Masks + Hair Packs
Take one cup of yogurt, one egg white and the juice of one lemon. Mix all of them together and use them as a hair pack. Wash hair with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
Take one teaspoon of hibiscus flower powder and one teaspoon of fenugreek powder. Hibiscus and fenugreek are known for their benefits to the hair. Soak them in water for 1 hour. Wash hair with the water and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Mix together two bananas, lemon juice and one egg white. This acts as a natural conditioner, makes hair soft and promotes hair growth. Many fruits can be made into packs by adding them to yogurt or mixed with an egg white.
You may also like… 8 Foods For Hair Loss Ayurveda Swears By (Hair Loss Diet)