This rose petal drink is a sweet summer concoction to keep Pitta cool. In fact, it is good for both Vata and Pitta1. Be careful though, this drink may aggravate Kapha. Here’s the recipe for an ecstatic rose petal drink.
- 4 cups fresh rose petals or 1/2 cup dried rose petals
- 1-quart coconut milk beverage
- 2 cups whipped topping like TruWhip or a non-dairy option like coconut cream
- 2 tbsp honey or other natural sweeteners like Stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
Directions For Making Rose Petal Drink
If using dried rose petals, cover them with boiling water and let sit ten minutes. Add the water and reconstituted rose petals to a blender, along with the other ingredients.
If using fresh rose petals simply rinse them under water then add them to the blender along with the other ingredients. Blend on high for two minutes, or until the rose petals are crushed and all is blended together well.
If you wish, serve this delicious drink topped with cinnamon.
- Han SH, Hur MH, Buckle J, Choi J, Lee MS. Effect of aromatherapy on symptoms of dysmenorrhea in college students: A randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2006;12:535–41 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16884344