- ½ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 stalk steamed broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat noodles, boiled
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet, toast the almonds and sesame seeds on medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until fragrant. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, onions and pumpkin seeds.
- Add the toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
- To prepare the dressing, take a small bowl and mix vegetable oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and pepper. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss dressing with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle noodles on top, and serve. Enjoy!
Note- This recipe is a perfect example of how to use different food combinations as per your dual Dosha. Here the broccoli which aggravates Vata (but pacifies Kapha) is combined with Vata pacifying spices and other ingredients so that the overall effect of the recipe is balancing for both the Doshas.