- 250 grams cooked beetroot (beets), chopped
- 1 pc onion, small, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp low fat cream (optional)
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Beetroot And Carrot Soup
- Use a heavy bottom pan to gently fry the chopped onion in olive oil until it is soft and translucent.
- Add stock, chopped beetroot, and carrots and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the beetroot is tender.
- Use a food processor or hand blender to make a smooth soup while blending in the orange juice.
- Serve hot with a generous spoonful of creme swirled in.
Comments: The Vata and Pitta dosha are responsible for problems like insomnia. Root vegetables like beetroot and carrot help increase Kapha which helps one fall asleep. However, people who have a high blood sugar should take it in small quantities. Carrots and beetroot may also fight the oxidative damage that VP dosha dominant people are prone to.