- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric powder
- 1 pinch dried ginger powder
- 1 pc crushed clove
- As desired milk- can use cow milk, soy milk or even almond milk
- To taste Maple syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add turmeric, ginger, and clove, and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, let boil for a few more minutes and then strain the tea into a cup.
- Add maple syrup to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Comments- Turmeric and ginger while pacifying Vata, help subside inflammation due to the anti-inflammatory properties of compounds like curcumin and gingerols respectively. However, being hot in nature, Pitta dominant people should avoid taking them in large quantities.