AYURVEDA: doctrine on Life & Life Processes
AYURVEDA is not just a treatise on medicines or treatment modalities of the diseases, but it is a complete doctrine on life and life processes right from the stage of conception through old age and death covering all the aspects of the physical, mental and spiritual health of an individual.
In Ayurveda the human being takes the center stage and all its teachings and treatments are directed towards the wellbeing of the individual as a whole and not just the disease he or she is suffering from.
AYURVEDA has Three main Aspects to it in keeping the individual human being in mind:
- To preserve the health of the individual (preventive health care)
- To promote the health of a healthy individual
- To cure the disease of an individual.
To achieve these goals Ayurveda has 8 branches of medicine:
- Internal medicine
- Head and neck (ear, nose, throat, and eyes)
- Pediatrics and obstetrics
- Rejuvenation therapy, geriatrics
- Therapies to increase virility and sexual performance