AYURVEDA: 5 Elements
The ancient Indian “science of life” called AYURVEDA explains that human beings, like the Universe, are made up of each of the five elements – Air, Space, Fire, Water & Earth – and the Soul. Therefore, our bodies are a microcosm of the Universe within itself
How are these Elements expressed in our Bodies?
- Air is inhaled during breathing, it pumps the blood through our system to keep us alive.
- Space is in the hollow cavities of the body, and we require space to move around.
- Fire is a part of our digestive system that helps to break down the food we eat and burn calories to give us energy.
- Water composes about two-thirds of our body, and we need water to survive.
- Earth is in our bones and our vital minerals that keep us healthy.
These elements, in their biological form, are known as doshas: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Vata is made up of a combination of Air and Space.
Pitta is a combination of Fire and Water.
Kapha is made up of a combination of Earth and Water.
P.S. to you eternal Health & Harmony