9 Quick-Tips for Natural Relief from Constipation
Constipation is a condition in which an individual experiences uncomfortable or infrequent bowel movements.
Ayurveda treats constipation as a problem arising due to the predominance of the Vata Dosha. In fact, all people with the Vata constitution have this problem to some extent or the other. From an Ayurvedic point of view, dietary bad habits are the main cause of constipation. The following are some of the dietary factors that lead to constipation:
– Eating at different times each day,
– Eating too late than the normal time,
– Eating food that is difficult to digest, – Eating food without roughage (or foods that contain fiber content),
– Eating mostly dry foods,
– Drinking too many beverages like tea & coffee,
– Drinking too many cold drinks,
– Not drinking enough water.
Ayurveda has also pinpointed various environmental and behavioral factors that can lead to constipation: smoking, staying awake till late at night, sleeplessness or insomnia, mental worries & tensions, feelings of guilt and fear and age. Taking over-the-counter laxatives for the condition often results in the person becoming dependent on these substances.
So, the best way to deal with constipation is through natural methods using easily available ingredients.
1. Wheat is better than rice in case of constipation.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and leafy vegetables
3. Use whole flour and not refined flour.
4. Papaya and sugar cane are very fast relieving remedies.
5. Ginger tea helps in stimulating bowel movement.
6. Guava when eaten with seeds provides roughage to diet can give relief from constipation.
7. Eat 2 apples with peel on an empty stomach.
8. Eating freshly cooked food is helpful. Spices like cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric powder, fennel and asafetida is good as it makes the food easily digestive.
9. Drinking a glass of warm milk at the time of going to bed helps in evacuation, the next morning. In case of severe constipation mixing two teaspoonful of castor oil in the milk is very helpful.
P.S. share these 9 Quick-Tips with your Friends
P.S.S. to your ever-present Health & Contentment